Good Morning and Haaaaappyyyy Friiiiidaayyy. Lots to share with you today…
I would like to give a big shoutout to The Duke Blue Devils!!!, who played a tough game against Arizona last night. Unfortunately, Arizona came out on top, ending Duke’s run towards another National Championship.
This guy is my favorite…he is so good. It was an early ending to an otherwise great season. Onto baseball season!
Moving on…. How was your week? Ready for the weekend? I AM…but who am I kidding…I ALWAYS AM! Unfortunately, before I can get to my weekend, I have to go to the dentist:(….and have a cavity filled… double 😦 . As many of you know…I have an ice cream problem and I think that this might be contributing to my tooth issues. I am fairly good at eating in moderation, but when it comes to ice cream, I am out of control.
That would be a picture of me in Park City Utah a few weeks ago. My entire family went out to a delicious meal and when the waiter asked if we wanted dessert, I let everyone know that there was an ice cream store just down the street…so no need to order dessert. Despite being stuffed, I got my ice cream (and convinced my sister to get some as well so I didn’t look like a pig), but then IRONICALLY…as we were strolling down the street, we came across this nice big statue. Funny how things play out….
annnyway. the moral of the story is that I like ice cream…a lot. and my self control button seems to break fairly frequently in this department, leading to 2 (very first 2) cavities in the last year.
Next step of the day would be RACE PREP! Tomorrow morning (7 am to be exact) marks the first race of my tri season. I just realized that I have not yet posted my races for the season so that will be up in the next week or so! I will be running in the National 1/2 Marathon on Saturday morning. I ran this race last year and really liked it, so signed up again.
The blurry picture is because I was too cheap to buy the real thing…so had to blow up a proof. I am excited to run tomorrow but am giving myself a little bit of wiggle room with expectations of how fast I will run as a result of the realities that I have faced over the past few weeks. I have surprised myself in the past though so I am definitely not giving myself a get out of jail free card. I took it easy in the pool on Thursday and am taking today off to rest my legs. I am planning to make a delicious chicken and pasta dish tonight to fuel me for the race (recipe will follow!) and I plan to get
a good nights sleep the typical 8-9 hours of sleep I do on any typical night. A number of other bloggers from around the country will be running the race as well, so we are planning to meet up post race. I will give you a full recap on Monday of the race as well as the blogger get together!
Before I sign off for the weekend, I want to leave you with a few of my LIKES from the blog world this week….check em out!
- Megan from Running Foodie reminded us of about what “normal” really means when it comes to body image and self confidence.
- Mama Pea took us back to the old days, when the color of your hoola hoop was all that really mattered.
- Jessica, like always, went completely and utterly over the top in creating these ridiculously good looking cookies. They would have been perfect for eating club!
- Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers, shared a great treadmill workout (which she got from Holly) that is fairly short and really gets your heart rate up!
- And last but not least….so many delicious nut butters! Kath shared some treats that she received in the mail from Flying Squirrel Peanut Butters and Ashley has been whipping them up in the middle…literally…of renovating her house!
What have you been LIKING this week? either on or off the blog world???
Have a great weekend friends!!!